Name of Employer
Yeshivah – Beth Rivkah Colleges
Title of Role
Learning Enhancement Teacher
Yeshivah Boys’ Secondary School
St Kilda East 3183
About the Role
The Learning Enhancement Teacher is responsible for assisting the Head of Learning Enhancement in promoting and developing differentiated programs to support and extend student learning.
- Collaborating in the development, preparation and maintenance of curriculum appropriate teaching resources and learning materials
- Providing regular, timely and positive feedback to each student on their progress
- Maintaining an understanding of, and developing responses to, the special learning needs of all students
- Participating in Professional Learning to increase professional knowledge, strengthen teaching effectiveness and improve outcomes for students
- Conducting Evidence Based Interventions
- Using a variety of relevant and appropriate assessment and evaluation techniques to regularly assess student progress
- Assisting the Head of learning Enhancement with internal referrals of students to the Learning
- Enhancing Department by conducting appropriate Diagnostic Assessments, Screeners and collecting Observational data
- Supporting teaching staff in setting, monitoring and reviewing goals for individual students as part of their Individual Learning Plans (ILP)
- Maintaining an understanding of, and developing responses to the emotional and social needs of all students.
- Current VIT registration required
- Knowledge of and proficiency in assessment and evaluation techniques
- Yeshivah - Beth Rivkah is an accredited Child Safe Organisation with the Australian Childhood Foundation and committed to Child Safety. Successful candidates will need to complete Child Safety training prior to commencement.
How to apply
For a detailed Position Description, to make any enquiries about this opportunity, please email [email protected]
If you wish to apply, please send a Cover Letter addressing your suitability for the role, your current CV and the details of two referees. Referees will only be contacted post interview and with your prior knowledge.
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.