A place to call home
Jewish Care’s Community Housing comprising new and refurbished housing units is a safe haven for members of the community who are at risk of homelessness.
Located in the heart of the Jewish community in East St Kilda, is a range of one to three bedroom housing units that are being newly refurbished as part of the capital campaign development. Stage 1 will see the complete refurbishment of 53 existing units with new kitchens, bathrooms, carpets and freshly painted walls enabling us to meet the growing demand for short-term, emergency and affordable accommodation.
Stage 2 will see the development of new contemporary units with modern and comfortable amenities that are accessible by people of all abilities.
Key Features (Stage 1):
- New flooring and carpets throughout
- New kitchens and appliances
- New bathrooms and fixtures
- Disability friendly access
- Newly painted walls throughout
- New hot water services and laundry amenities
- Landscaped garden walkways
*Note: Units are not furnished. Photos displayed in the gallery below are examples of occupied refurbished units.
Key features (Stage 2):
- Contemporary one, two and three bedroom units
- Flexible design to accommodate large families
- Kosher kitchens
- Car parking and bicycle racks
- Disability-friendly access
- Communal BBQ area
- Community rooms
- Landscaped gardens incorporating succah and modern urban artwork
For enquiries about Community Housing (Stage 1 and 2), please contact our friendly Front Door team on (03) 8517 5999 or complete the online form below.
For Capital Campaign donations, please contact Orlee Schneeweiss on (03) 8517 5647.