Location: St Kilda East, 3183
About the employer:
Beth Rivkah Ladies College
About the role:
Primary Role: The role of the Integration Aide is to assist students in class, in small groups or individually to access and participate in the school curriculum, ensuring that they all experience success.
Extended Role: The Integration Aides are in class to support students who are funded for a specific disability. They are responsible for assisting those students with their work. However, at YBR we support inclusion within the classroom for all our students. Therefore, Integration Aides will also work with all students in the classroom. They are to be utilised by teaching staff appropriately in the classroom to support all students and to integrate students with disabilities.
Part time, approximately 10 hours per week.
- Work with the guidance of the Head of Learning Enhancement and other relevant teachers
- Retain effective records of program delivery and outcome/record of progress in files
- To be aware of the teachers’ expectations of the students in the class and to support the teachers in the modification of students’ programs
- To actively participate in activities, assisting, intervening and encouraging students where appropriate
- Provide individualised and group assistance to students in Years 7-12 identified with specific needs
- Regularly liaise with teachers of students being assisted and provide feedback to the class teacher and Head of Learning Enhancement about how the student is coping with activities, their general learning behaviour and any other observations
- Advise students on effective time management, study skills and learning strategies
- Provide the Head of Learning Enhancement with a summary of the students seen as directed including measured outcomes from intervention programs
- Review Individual Education Plans as part of providing regular reporting on student progress and outcomes from goals and negotiated outcomes
- Attend relevant meetings
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- a genuine passion for special education needs
- open-minded and flexible to changes in daily programming
- adaptable in order to cater for a diverse range of student needs
- current Working with Children Check and Police Check
- Certificate III in Education Support or proven experience in secondary education
- the right to work in Australia
- provide contact details of three referees
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to Coordinator of Learning Enhancement/Integration, Jessica Pincus at [email protected]
Any queries, please contact 9528 8302.