Everyone needs help from time to time.
Financial difficulties are often listed as one of the biggest stressors in life.
We understand that even one unexpected cost or surprise bill can lead to problems that feel completely insurmountable. With the rising cost of living, we are also seeing more people in our community than ever who are struggling to meet their everyday needs or make ends meet.
Whether you’re recovering from an adverse event or experiencing long-term financial stress, our caring and professional team of financial counsellors are here to help.
Jewish Care’s financial counsellors will talk with you to understand your unique situation and provide individually-tailored solutions to help navigate the way forward.
A financial counsellor can:
- Talk with you to understand and assess your financial situation
- Provide you with information and options about your money
- Help you to develop a budget and set financial goals
- Advocate for your rights with banks, credit providers and utility companies
- Help you understand your options if you are struggling to pay bills, fines or debts
- Support you to apply for eligible government benefits and concessions
- Connect you to additional services that may be able to assist.
Our service is free, confidential, non-judgemental, and available to anyone in the Victorian Jewish community who is experiencing financial stress. Whatever the issue, we can support you to get back on track.
If you are:
- Having trouble keeping up with loan repayments
- Unable to pay your utility bills or housing costs
- Facing legal action or debt collection
- Experiencing financial abuse
- Considering bankruptcy
- Affected by sudden or long-term unemployment
- Struggling with the impacts of COVID-19
- Finding it hard to meet day-to-day expenses
- Experiencing other debt or financial problems that are having an impact on your financial wellbeing or physical or mental health
If you would like to speak to a Financial Counsellor, contact the Front Door on 8517 5999.