We know that family violence occurs in all communities, including our own – but it isn’t always easy to talk about, or to know what to do when it happens.
We also know that we, as a community, can work together to prevent it.
Our family violence resource program focuses on supporting the capacity of our community to recognise, respond to, and prevent family violence. Through a range of education, resource and community action initiatives, we work to:
- Encourage conversations about gender equality and violence prevention
- Support relationships that are equal, safe and healthy
- Build capacity to understand, recognise and respond to family violence
- Increase community dialogue about violence and its impacts
- Challenge stigma and misinformation
- Encourage safe and appropriate help-seeking
- Support services to deliver culturally safe support to Jewish community members affected by family violence.