Name of Employer
Yeshivah – Beth Rivkah Colleges
Title of Role
Yeshivah Boys’ Secondary School
St Kilda East, 3183
About the Role
The Sports Teacher will plan and conduct a health and physical education programme in a Secondary School environment. A knowledge of a variety of sports, sporting tactics and physical training programs is required. The teacher is responsible for organising school sporting events and running school sports teams.
- To plan, document and prepare daily and longer-term lesson plans in accordance with curriculum guidelines
- Organise, deliver and supervise in-school and Out of School Hours sports programmes including athletic sports, and interschool sporting events
- Assess and evaluate the performance and progress of students throughout the year
- Attend school camps
- Use a variety of effective techniques to engage students with the learning process according to their age, level of ability and individual needs.
- Use the School Learning Management Platform, SEQTA to document lesson preparation, Unit planners and Reporting.
- Develop and maintain good working habits and discipline
- Oversee the purchasing, and maintenance of sporting equipment
- Discuss students' progress and concerns with parents and administrators
- Attend parent meetings as required and maintaining ongoing communications with teachers and parents
- Attend staff, faculty and pastoral care meetings, yard duties, covers, detention roster, parent-teacher interviews and other responsibilities as required in the performance of your role
- Current VIT registration required
- Thorough and updated knowledge of the sports curriculum
- Yeshivah - Beth Rivkah is an accredited Child Safe Organisation with the Australian Childhood Foundation and committed to Child Safety. Successful candidate will need to complete Child Safety training prior to commencement.
How to apply
For a detailed Position Description, to make any enquiries about this opportunity, please email [email protected]
If you wish to apply, please send a Cover Letter addressing your suitability for the role, your current CV and the details of two referees. Referees will only be contacted post interview and with your prior knowledge.
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.