Location: Ormond, Vic
About the Employer:
Beis Efraim College [t/a Divrei Emineh School]
About the Role:
Beis Efraim College seeks expressions of interest for teachers with classroom experience and familiarity with students of a Chassidic background to teach on a full time or part time basis, or as a relief teacher in our Primary school.
Interested applicants must:
- Be knowledgeable and conversant with all practices and obligations of a Chassidic Jewish lifestyle.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Chassidic values, ethics and philosophy.
- Embody a Chassidic lifestyle and practices.
Key Duties of the Position
- To facilitate teaching and learning in a bi-lingual Yiddish and English classroom and school.
- To deliver the stated integrated curriculum as required by the college (incorporating Bi-Literacy, Numeracy and Science, The Arts, Humanities, Technologies program, Civics and Citizenship, Economics and Business, HPE).
- To monitor and evaluate each student's learning and progress.
- To support, analyse and assist student learning, both individually and in groups.
- To evaluate and report on students' learning development to both college leadership and parents.
- To maintain a high level of "duty of care".
- To conduct all interaction with students and parents with professionalism.
Key Selection Criteria
- Fluency and general communication skills [reading, writing and speaking].
- Must demonstrate capability in classroom management and display respectful and respectable conduct to both parents and students.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development as a member of the college's teaching team and must show a firm commitment to the integral value of required personal development.
Current VIT registration preferred, but applicants with a solid education background and the requisite Yiddish may be able to apply for a pathway to teach upon approval from the VIT.
How to Apply:
All prospective applicants are required to submit an application and comprehensive CV disclosing all relevant qualifications and suitability for the positions to [email protected]. The successful applicants’ appointment will be conditional to that person undergoing a satisfactory Child Safe check.
Closing date for Applications: Ongoing