St Kilda, Victoria, 3182
About the employer:
Cheder Levi Yitzchok (Chabad Lubavitch registered school)
About the role:
Part-time, morning hours, effective immediately.
Cheder Levi Yitzchok is a Chabad Lubavitch registered school, dedicated to the teachings of the Lubavitcher Rebbe. Through a traditional Jewish and integrated general studies curriculum, the school’s educational program seeks to imbue students with G-d consciousness in all their learning.
In a warm, happy, and focused environment, we empower our students to be moral contributors to society, to develop a lifelong passion for learning and to be proudly at ease with their cultural identity. Now in our fifth year as a registered school, the Cheder is running classes from Prep to Year 8 including a girls’ stream, Prep – 1, established in 2020.
- Providing support to a high needs student
- Supporting the student’s learning journey
- Assisting the student in his interaction with peers
- Ensuring the student is involved in school wide activities and programs
- Documentation of learning progress and daily review
- Attending PSG meetings with parents, staff and specialists
Key selection criteria:
- Current Working with Children Check
- Victorian Certificate of Education (or equivalent)
- Individual with high energy & patience
- Sensitive and calm nature
- Punctual and reliable
- Familiarity with Jewish studies curriculum (various subjects depending on grade allocation)
- Experience with students with special needs
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate IT Skills
- Applicants must have a current Working with Children’s check.
- The successful candidate will be required to undertake Mandatory Child Protection Training and Anaphylaxis training which the school will provide.
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and a copy of your curriculum vitae to Devora Goldman [email protected]