Saying 'NO' to family violence
Our Family Violence Resource Program focuses on educating the general Jewish community, community groups and organisations about family violence in order to reduce the incidence of violence and enhance bystander action.
Aiming to eradicate family violence within our community, our resource worker works to increase awareness and understanding of the causes of family violence, reduce stigma and discrimination and encourage help-seeking behaviour.
The Family Violence Resource Program aims to support other organisations to identify family violence and to join collaborative campaigns that bring the issue to the fore in our community.
- skill development training workshops
- community education forums
- school-based education and training
- provision of fact sheets and other resources
- promotion of awareness campaigns
- social media messaging
Our status as a respected provider of services to those effected by family violence is reflected in our membership and active participation in multiple local area family violence network committees, including:
- Bayside Peninsula Family Violence Governance Group
- Interfaith Network of the City of Greater Dandenong
- Family Violence Working Group
- Southern Melbourne Primary Care Partnership Family Violence Working Group
For more information about the Family Violence Resource Program, call our Front Door on 8517 5999 or submit an online enquiry.