Location: Caulfield, 3161
About the employer:
B'nai Brith Victoria Inc
About the role:
We are looking for a kind and capable building manager/caretaker for our 18 warm and clean independent living units in Caulfield.
B’nai B’rith Parent’s Home is a block of 18 independent living units for people over 60. The home is a two minute walk from Caulfield park and a short walk to Glenferrie Rd shops, trams and trains.
The building manager/caretaker is responsible for maintaining the common areas and is the emergency contact for residents. The building manager/caretaker is the main contact between the residents and the Board of Management.
Part time, 20 hrs per week. Flexible hours over six days, Monday - Saturday.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is LIVE IN. A one-bedroom apartment in the block and all utilities are provided as part of the position as well as a small salary. A partner who works elsewhere is welcome.
Key duties of the position:
- Daily morning door knock of all residents
- Assist Residents in case of emergency, when a Resident has pressed their emergency phone, pendant or bathroom button or requested assistance in person
- Liaise with a designated Board member in regard to any Resident who, in your opinion, may require any extra service or care
- General cleaning and basic maintenance of foyer and common areas (except of gardens)
- Liaising with the designated Board member regarding repairs and facilitating access for trades people
- Maintaining records of incidents on the property
Our ideal building manager/caretaker:
- has a caring and supportive attitude
- has a positive outlook and a natural empathy towards the elderly
- is patient and able to communicate well with older people from diverse backgrounds
- is calm in an emergency and able to take control when necessary
- uses their initiative to problem solve and keep accurate records as required
Experience in a similar setting would be highly regarded.
- Certificate III in Individual Support in Aged Care, from TAFE or registered training organisation or relevant experience
- Current police check
- First aid certificate (not more than 2 years old)
- Current Australian driver’s licence
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
For more information, call 0478 668 562