Location: Ormond, Vic
About the Role:
Beis Efraim College [t/a Divrei Emineh School] is looking for an experienced Education Adviser – Yiddish language and curriculum. After ten years of building our primary school, we are now ready to welcome our first cohort of year seven students. To ensure our Yiddish curriculum is of the highest quality and able to meet our current and future needs, we are now in search of an experienced Yiddish language curriculum expert to further develop our Yiddish based curriculum aimed at all levels from prep to year 12. This role will also be responsible for educating our teachers in the delivery of best practice Yiddish curriculum content.
Interested applicants must:
- Be able to converse in the Yiddish language [Hungarian dialect] in conversation, reading and writing.
- Be knowledgeable and conversant with all practices and obligations of a Chassidic Jewish lifestyle.
- Have specialised levels of knowledge in Chassidic values, ethics and philosophy.
- Advocate a Chassidic life style and practices.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Fluency and general communication skills [reading, writing and speaking] in Yiddish [Hungarian dialect.]
- A degree in Yiddish language and a very high level of proficiency in the language (including grammar and language structure) and its various dialects.
- Ability to translate Hebrew into Yiddish.
- Extensive experience in education both as a teacher and in developing curriculum for schools and other audiences.
- Should have a thorough, in-depth knowledge of Chassidic values, ethics and philosophy.
- Must demonstrate experience in curriculum writing, management and advice.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development as a member of the college's team and must show a firm commitment to the integral value of required personal development.
How to Apply:
All prospective applicants are required to send a comprehensive CV disclosing all relevant qualifications of suitability for the position to Mrs Nathan at [email protected].
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The successful applicant’s appointment will be conditional to that person undergoing a satisfactory Child Safe check.
Employment to commence: Term 4 2018, seeking applications on an ongoing basis.
Remuneration offered: $70K + Super