The Coppel & Piekarski Family Disability Respite Centre
Registered NDIS Provider
Blending respite, support, and community engagement, The Coppel & Piekarski Family Disability Respite Centre is the perfect place for adults and children living with a disability to improve skills, build confidence and trial a more independent lifestyle.
Our aim is to empower clients to make choices, achieve their goals and lead a rewarding life.
Located in Caulfield and nestled in the heart of the Victorian Jewish community, the Centre is a beautiful space of warmth, care, and support. The innovative, purpose-built, and culturally-sensitive Centre uniquely represents our Jewish community, values, and traditions. Designed to be a Jewish home-away-from-home, traditional Jewish holidays are celebrated and the standards of Kashrut are observed.
- regular short-term respite,
- irregular longer-term respite,
- emergency accommodation in times of crisis, and
- alternate accommodation for children and adults whilst more appropriate, longer-term accommodation is sourced.
- Children's Respite House
Children aged 6-17 years enjoy a stimulating environment filled with engaging recreational activities, both onsite and in the community, and new opportunities to develop meaningful and long-lasting friendships in a safe and caring environment.
Our innovative Disability Respite Centre features a purpose-built Children's Respite House, playgrounds equipped with a Liberty swing and trampoline, and engaging gardens and sensory rooms.
- Adult Respite House
Our Disability Respite Centre opens up new and exciting opportunities for adults living with a disability to:
- improve their independent living skills,
- trial out-of-home options as much as practicably possible,
- explore community resources,
- prepare for the transition to independent living, and
- reach their goals.
The Coppel & Piekarski Family Disability Respite Centre features a modern, secure wing specifically catering to the care needs of adults aged 18-64 years and is equipped with personal ensuites, a sensory/music room, and playground with a Liberty swing and trampoline.
- Holiday & Weekend Activities Programs
Our group programs are designed to assist people living with a disability to increase their independence, and provide opportunities to engage in social and recreational activities in a supportive and safe environment.
We run holiday and weekend programs at Jewish Care sites and community locations for both children and adults living with a disability. Some of the activities we offer include:
- sensory art, and
- accessing community recreational activities (e.g. visits to the zoo or bowling).
- Group & Social Participation Programs
We offer a range of group programs to encourage and support adults living with a disability, including:
- fitness programs
- $1 Dinners- a communal meal preparation program focusing on nutritional and budgetary education
- volunteer packing bees & working bees
- Schmooze and Groove – Sunday walking group
- community access weekend outings (e.g. bowling, AFL games, museum visits)
- Pathways to Employment course through our Employment & Education Centre (EEC)
- spiritual and cultural events, and
- assistance with social interaction in a shared living arrangement.
The Coppel & Piekarski Family Disability Respite Centre is open to anyone with a disability in Victoria as defined by the Victorian Disability Act 2006.
To find out more about respite at The Coppel & Piekarski Family Disability Respite Centre, download the brochure below and contact the Jewish Care Front Door on (03) 8517 5999 or submit an online enquiry.