A place to call home
Jewish Care’s Community Housing comprising new and refurbished housing units is a safe haven for members of the community who are at risk of homelessness.
Located in the heart of the Jewish community in East St Kilda, is a range of one to three bedroom housing units that are being newly refurbished as part of the capital campaign development. Stage 1 will see the complete refurbishment of 53 existing units with new kitchens, bathrooms, carpets and freshly painted walls enabling us to meet the growing demand for short-term, emergency and affordable accommodation.
Stage 2 will see the development of new contemporary units with modern and comfortable amenities that are accessible by people of all abilities.
Key Features (Stage 1):
- New flooring and carpets throughout
- New kitchens and appliances
- New bathrooms and fixtures
- Disability friendly access
- Newly painted walls throughout
- New hot water services and laundry amenities
- Landscaped garden walkways
*Note: Units are not furnished. Photos displayed in the gallery below are examples of occupied refurbished units.
Key features (Stage 2):
- Contemporary one, two and three bedroom units
- Flexible design to accommodate large families
- Kosher kitchens
- Car parking and bicycle racks
- Disability-friendly access
- Communal BBQ area
- Community rooms
- Landscaped gardens incorporating succah and modern urban artwork
For enquiries about Community Housing (Stage 1 and 2), please contact Joanne Cochrane on (03) 8517 5697 or complete the online form below.
For Capital Campaign donations, please contact Orlee Schneeweiss on (03) 8517 5647.