Building a new generation of leaders
Yesod is Hebrew for 'foundations'. This is a 10-month program - commencing in February 2021 - to prepare a new generation of leaders to be the ‘foundations’ of the Jewish community.
For 2021, Jewish Care has partnered with The Observership Program to broaden participants’ exposure to aspiring non-executive directors in the not-for-profit sector.
We are indebted to the Szalmuk-Singer family and the Kline-Joel family for making the program possible with their generous support.
Yesod is the premier leadership and community engagement program for the next generation of Jewish leaders.
- Jesse Kochen, Yesod alumni
The Yesod Program Components and Commitment: 2022 Intake - How To Apply
- formal Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) training and subsequent accreditation via the AICD course “Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors”.
The program provides participants with a solid understanding of the professional duties and responsibilities of not-for-profit board directors, additionally exploring strategy and risk. This includes additional sessions on the Aged Care sector and Ethics (100% attendance required);
- attendance at monthly Jewish Care Board Sub-Committee meetings to gain firsthand experience of governance structures and processes alongside witnessing the dynamics of board leadership on a not-for-profit board (80% attendance required);
- one-on-one mentoring with a Jewish Care board director;
- participation in Chatham House sessions with applauded keynote speakers and interactive workshops with the wider NFP sector (75% attendance required);
- participation in a Jewish Care board meeting (compulsory); and
- attendance at a Debrief and graduation event (compulsory).
All sessions and meetings take place outside business hours.
2022 Intake - How To Apply
Applications will open for the 2022 intake in October 2021.
For more information and enquiries, contact Louise Shostak, [email protected] or 03 8517 5963