Building a new generation of leaders
What is Yesod?
Yesod (Hebrew for 'foundations') is a 10-month program, which involves participants aged 27-40 gaining a solid understanding of the professional duties and responsibilities of not-for-profit board directors.
Jewish Care has partnered with the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) to run the initiative, which includes interactive workshops with keynote speakers, firsthand experience with Jewish Care's sub-committee and board directors; and one-on-one mentoring opportunities for participants and board directors - matched according to their interests and skills.
Yesod is the premier leadership and community engagement program for the next generation of Jewish leaders.
- Jesse Kochen, 2017 participant
About the program
During the 10 months of the program, participants will:
- Be involved in interactive workshops
- Hear from keynote speakers
- Join a Sub-Committee that best suits their interests and skills
- Be paired with a Jewish Care Board Director to build a mentor relationship
Outcomes for participants
Gain a solid understanding of your professional duties and responsibilities as a not-for-profit director. Witness the dynamics of board leadership as you cover topics that explore strategy and risk, finance and duties and responsibilities of not-for-profit directors. Some of the benefits gained by participants include:
- Experience duties and responsibilities of directors in the not-for-profit environment
- Understand governance structures
- Gain firsthand experience of the dynamics of a not-for-profit board
- AICD Certificate of completion for the Governance Foundations for not-for-profit directors
Professionals with at least 5 years of professional employment can apply to the program. Successful applicants must commit to attend 80% of the sub committee meetings that they are paired with. Meetings take place outside business hours and are held each month depending on the committee frequency. In order to receive the AICD Certificate of Completion for the Governance Foundations for not-for-profit directors, participants need to attend 5 training workshops that will take place after hours.
How to apply
Applications for 2018 are currently closed. The next intake for 2019 will be open in late 2018. If you would like to be contacted for the next intake or would like further information about the program, please complete the form below.