Title of Role
Volunteer - Russian Speaking Friendly Visitor
Residential Home Windsor - St Kilda, Residential Home Carnegie – Carnegie, Gary Smorgon Home - Caulfield
About the Role
As a Russian-speaking Volunteer Friendly Visitor, you have the incredible opportunity to connect with and provide companionship to our lonely Russian-speaking elderly residents in aged care facilities. Your visits can make a significant impact on their well-being and quality of life.
- Spending quality time with elderly residents through engaging conversations and shared activities.
- Playing board games, going for walks, doing crafts, walking, reading books, newspapers, or magazines together.
- Offering a compassionate and empathetic presence, providing emotional support.
- Creating a positive and enjoyable environment for our residents.
One-two hours per week.
- Ability to speak Russian.
- A warm and compassionate personality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to engage with elderly residents and build meaningful connections.
- An understanding and appreciation for the value of companionship in elderly care.
How to apply
If you are interested in volunteering at Jewish Care, please submit the form below.
If you require any further information please email us on [email protected]