Title of Role
Volunteer - Gardening Companion
Gary Smorgon Home - Caulfield
About the Role
As a Gardening Companion volunteer, you will have the opportunity to engage our elderly residents in nurturing and tending to our outdoor garden spaces. Your love for gardening and connection with nature can create meaningful and therapeutic experiences, fostering a sense of tranquillity and connection with the outdoors.
- Assisting residents in gardening tasks such as planting, weeding, watering, and maintaining garden beds.
- Engaging residents in conversations about plants, flowers, and gardening techniques.
- Creating a welcoming and relaxing environment that encourages participation and enjoyment.
- Helping to organize and plan outdoor garden-related activities and events.
One-two hours per week or fortnightly.
- A passion for gardening and a good understanding of basic gardening techniques.
- A friendly and patient demeanour with a willingness to interact with elderly residents.
- An appreciation for nature and the therapeutic benefits of outdoor activities.
- The ability to create an inclusive and enjoyable atmosphere for residents.
How to apply
If you are interested in volunteering at Jewish Care, please submit the form below.
If you require any further information please email us on [email protected]