Title of Role
Youth Aspire Mentor
In the community
About the Role
Are you passionate about guiding and supporting young people through life's challenges and complexities? Become a Youth Aspire Mentor at Jewish Care Victoria and make a meaningful difference in the lives of our youth!
Youth Aspire Program Overview:
Youth Aspire is a mentorship program designed to provide essential support and guidance to young individuals aged 14 - 19 who may be facing personal, familial, or educational difficulties. Through regular catch-ups with their mentors, participants can explore their goals, celebrate achievements, develop self-esteem, and plan for a brighter future.
Responsibilities and Mentorship Activities:
- Build a supportive and encouraging relationship with a young person.
- Act as a role model, providing guidance, listening, and offering a caring presence.
- Help young individuals set and work towards personal, academic, and vocational goals.
- Offer resources and strategies to navigate challenges and make informed decisions.
- Listen actively and provide emotional support.
- Spend quality time with your mentee.
- Assist in accessing resources for personal and vocational development.
- Offer support, ideas, and strategies for overcoming challenges.
- Introduce mentees to community connections and opportunities.
- Treat young individuals with respect and kindness.
- Help set and pursue achievable goals.
2-3 hours per month - flexible scheduling based on your availability for the monthly meetings. The duration of the program is 12 months.
- Age 18 or older.
- Being Jewish.
- Genuine interest in learning about and encouraging young people.
- Willingness to participate in initial training and ongoing support from the Youth Mentoring Coordinator.
- Availability to commit to the program for 12 months.
- Successful completion of Police, NDIS clearance and Working with Children Checks.
How to apply
If you are interested in volunteering at Jewish Care, please submit the form below.
If you require any further information please email us on [email protected]