29 December 2022
We still have residents in Residential Home Carnegie who are COVID-19 positive. Fortunately, most of the affected individuals are experiencing mild symptoms only. Staff and visitors to this home are required to wear N95 masks and eye protection. Additionally, if a resident is COVID-19 positive, any staff member or visitor must wear full PPE when in contact with the resident.
However, we are pleased to advise that Gary Smorgon House and Residential Home Windsor have no reported COVID-19 positive cases. With this in mind, visitors will no longer be required to wear protective eyewear. All visitors to Gary Smorgon House and Residential Home Windsor are required to:
- have a negative result from a COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) taken on the same day that you plan to visit the home
- wear N95 mask at all times within the home
- have a minimum of two doses of COVID-19 vaccinations
- maintain regular hand washing and good hand hygiene
- practice social distancing and be encouraged to open windows in resident’s rooms to promote good ventilation
The care and wellbeing of our residents and staff is our priority and we ask for visitors to respect and fully comply with any direction from our staff. Of course, no visits must occur if the visitor is feeling unwell in any way.