Give back to your community
Volunteers are extraordinary people who give their skills, life experience, time and expertise to help others. They are an integral part of the Jewish Care family. Our passionate and dedicated volunteers provide direct assistance to our clients and Elders through social, recreational, cultural and spiritual activities. They also support fundraising and community engagement, participate in committees and corporate governance and much more.
Our volunteers come from various religious and cultural backgrounds and range from university students, families, working adults, retirees and Jewish Care residents and their relatives.
Our volunteering experience helps to improve community wellbeing and impacts the lives of many by:
- offering services that would otherwise be unavailable
- strengthening personal connections
- providing opportunities for the community to enjoy
- promoting a healthy community
- reducing isolation and increasing socialisation.
Benefits to you
Most volunteers will tell you they get as much out of volunteering as they give. As a volunteer, you become part of a team making a valuable contribution to the community, but you can also benefit personally.
- Learn new skills or enhance existing ones
- Feel part of your community
- Achieve personal satisfaction and sense of pride
- Gain work experience
- Develop self-esteem and confidence
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Improve your health
- Have fun.
For more information about volunteering, download the brochure below and call Hayley on (03) 8517 5734 or submit an online enquiry.