Name of Employer
Beis Efraim College [t/a Divrei Emineh School], VIC
Title of Role
Yiddish Speaking Art Teacher (Primary Years) Beis Efraim College
About the Role
Beis Efraim College [t/a Divrei Emineh School] seeks expressions of interest for teachers with classroom experience and familiarity with students of a Chassidic background to teach Art for our Primary school. The applicant must be able to deliver up to 60% of the course content in Yiddish.
- This is a part-time position.
- Interested applicants must
- Be knowledgeable and conversant with all practices and obligations of a Chassidic Jewish lifestyle.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Chassidic values, ethics and philosophy.
- Embody a Chassidic lifestyle and practices.
- To facilitate teaching and learning in a bi-lingual Yiddish and English classroom and school.
- To deliver an integrated Art curriculum as required by the college in Yiddish.
- To monitor and evaluate each student's learning and progress.
- To support, analyse and assist student learning, both individually and in groups.
- To evaluate and report on students' learning development to both college leadership and parents.
- To maintain a high level of "duty of care".
- To conduct all interaction with students and parents with professionalism.
Key Selection Criteria
- Fluency and general communication skills in Yiddish and English [reading, writing and speaking].
- Must demonstrate capability in classroom management and display respectful and respectable conduct to both parents and students.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development as a member of the college's teaching team and must show a firm commitment to the integral value of required personal development.
- Current VIT registration preferred, but applicants with a solid education background and the requisite Yiddish may be able to apply for a pathway to teach upon approval from the VIT.
How to Apply
All prospective applicants are required to submit an application and comprehensive CV disclosing all relevant qualifications and suitability for the positions to [email protected] . The successful applicants’ appointment will be conditional to that person undergoing a satisfactory Child Safe check.
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.