Name of Employer
Kehilat Nitzan Masorti (Conservative) Community Inc.
Title of Role
Rabbi’s Programs Assistant
36-40 Hawthorn Road, Caulfield North.
About the Role
Kehilat Nitzan, the only Masorti (Conservative) congregation in Melbourne, offers traditional, egalitarian services and welcomes everybody, regardless of age, gender, or sexual orientation.
The Programs Assistant reports to the Rabbi.
The Programs Assistant is responsible for supporting the Rabbi and the programs managed by the Rabbi. They will be capable of working collaboratively with the Board, members of the congregation, volunteers, and staff at the Rabbi’s discretion to support a positive collaborative work environment.
The Programs Assistant will be responsible to take direction and execute tasks as requested and as prioritised by the Rabbi, with excellent attention to detail. They will from time to time, work independently and with initiative.
The Programs Assistant will at all times maintain discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Rabbi’s Programs Assistant will have a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Administrative support for the Rabbi, including managing the Rabbi’s calendar and email, making appointments, sending reminders and managing the Rabbi’s time and rescheduling as required.
- Document, file and organise information in digital and hard copy.
- Assist with dynamic and fluctuating administrative and programming needs as directed and prioritised by the Rabbi.
- Welcome visitors, prepare for their arrival, escort them in to meet with the Rabbi and offer them refreshments.
- Assist with the coordination of all the Rabbi’s programs in the Synagogue, including administrative support for B’nei Mitzvah, Kesher and Lahat Noam programs.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for all Shabbat/life cycle/High Holy Day services and synagogue activities as needed.
- Assist with coordination of lifecycle events as needed, including bris, baby naming, weddings, consecrations, funerals, and conversions.
- Maintain Rabbi’s long-term and his weekly roster of volunteer prayer leaders and Torah readers.
- Assist the Rabbi with various tasks as they arise, including purchasing and bringing supplies for Rabbinic programs and other tasks as necessary.
- Take minutes at meetings, photograph events, and book travel and accommodation as required.
- Occasional: Coordinate events as necessary, and attend Kehilat Nitzan events as required.
- Excellent English is essential, and knowledge of Hebrew reading and writing is preferred.
Hours: Flexible schedule, working on-site Monday, Thursday and Friday - times by agreement, and on Wednesday: 4 – 7 pm.
Holidays: Paid Jewish holidays and public holidays. Paid annual leave. Superannuation.
Part-time 15 hours per week
The Programs Assistant will be computer literate with a willingness to learn as needed and will have basic competence with CRM, Microsoft Office/Google Drive.
How to apply
Send your Resume together with a cover letter addressing the Duties and Responsibilities above
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.