Name of Employer
Temple Beth Israel (TBI)
Title of Role
About the Role
Temple Beth Israel (TBI) is a Progressive Jewish congregation which provides a spiritual community through a contemporary approach to Jewish practice and a commitment to Progressive Jewish tradition, culture and education.
- This position reports to the Office Manager.
- This office based all-rounder role will provide administrative & event support for TBI’s Operations team.
- Reception: answering phone calls, greeting & liaising with members & staff, customer service, accepting deliveries
- Office administration: managing a shared email inbox, team calendars, & a member database; creating documentation including letters and spreadsheets; data entry, invoicing, and ordering of supplies.
- Ad hoc general administration tasks as required.
- Occasional ad hoc facilities and events set up tasks as required.
Part time: 30 hours per week
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills, with a high level of competence in basic office software, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and CRM databases, plus the confidence to learn new software packages as required. Competent with spreadsheets.
- Strong written & verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Task oriented, with strong organisational and time management skills, and the ability to multi-task and complete all tasks in a thorough, accurate and timely manner.
- Initiative, flexibility, adaptability
- A dedicated team player with demonstrated emotional intelligence who is also able to work independently, and possesses the ability to get along well with others.
- Ability to manage a wide range of situations both diplomatically and confidentially.
- Valid Working with Children check (can arrange once employed)
- Current Victorian Drivers’ Licence is beneficial.
- A working knowledge of Progressive Jewish customs is beneficial.
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter to Neil Crompton, Executive Manager: [email protected]
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.