Name of Employer
Title of Role
All Abilities Program Officer
Maccabi office, North Caulfield
Some attendance at programs required (locations vary but usually based in Glen Eira, Boroondara, Stonnington)
About the Role
Maccabi Victoria All Abilities provides Jewish people with disabilities with opportunities to participate in sport and active recreation. We do this through a combination of programming, mainstream club support, individualised opportunities, community education and advocacy so that we can offer a variety of tailored playing and non-playing roles.
Working with individuals with a disability and their families/supports to help them to participate in sport and active recreation.
- Member administration.
- Regular communication with and seeking feedback from members and families.
- Reminders and collecting RSVPs for events.
- Responding to questions and feedback.
- Delivering accessible sporting programs.
- This includes:
- Designing the calendar (with support as required)
- Coordinating program and event logistics to ensure that member requirements are accommodated,
- Ensuring that events will be adequately staffed and supported,
- Organising additional equipment and uniform as required,
- Tracking program attendance.
- Managing coaches and volunteers
- Coach administration,
- Regular communication with coaches and volunteers.
- Working with the Marketing Officer to manage program social media and supply content for Maccabi Victoria newsletters and websites.
- Working with mainstream Maccabi clubs to identify opportunities for involvement and provide support and training for inclusion and disability awareness.
- Being a part of the office team, having fun with us and assisting with other activities as required.
Casual, approx. 15-18 hours per week Some out-of-business-hours attendance at programs required
- Understanding/basic knowledge of working with people of various abilities
- Great attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Strong communication skills for a range of audiences
- Moderate level computer skills
- Demonstrated success in building and nurturing strong and broad stakeholder relationships.
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency status
- A valid Working With Children Check (or will obtain one before commencing)
- A recent police check (or will obtain one before commencing)
- Experience working in community organisations and/or community sport
- Knowledge and understanding of the Victorian Jewish Community
- An understanding of the Victorian Child Safe Standards
How to apply
Send your cover letter (1 page) and current CV (no more than 3 pages) to [email protected].
Link to website advertisement
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.