Location: Ormond, Vic
About the Employer:
The employer is Beis Efraim College / Divrei Emineh
About the Role:
The ideal candidate will be reliable, have experience and some technical knowledge, and posses a keen eye for detail. You must also possess manual dexterity, physical stamina, and be able to work independently. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- General maintenance tasks such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
- Garden/yard upkeep; blowing leaves, mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
- Moving needs: school furniture and supplies as needed.
- Ad hoc removalist needs (such as breaking down cardboard boxes).
- Transporting goods and or equipment.
- Collaborating with staff and administration during renovations.
- Reporting any building or maintenance issues to the administrative staff (including the Principal and/or the Business manager) as required.
All work will be done in compliance with EPA, Hazmat and OH&S/Worksafe Victoria safety rules and regulations.
If you have prior experience in a maintenance role at a K – 12 school or institution of higher learning, Beis Efraim College encourages you to apply for this position today.
Positions offered with options available for 0.5 - 0.9 FTE
Preferable employment to commence: Term 1 2019
- Current WWCC and Child Safe training.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Physical stamina and dexterity.
- Experience using hand and electrical tools.
Desired but not essential
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship.
How to Apply:
All prospective applicants are required to submit an application and CV disclosing all relevant qualifications or suitability for the position to Mrs Nathan at [email protected].
The successful applicants’ appointment will be conditional to that person undergoing a satisfactory Child Safe check.
Closing Date for Applications: Ongoing