COVID-19 Is In Our Community
The Victorian Department of Health has provided the below clarification in respect to the call for COVID-19 testing across the City of Port Phillip and City of Glen Eira. This will ensure contact tracers can understand the movement and prevalence of the virus in the community.
• If you do not have symptoms and have not been at an exposure site you do not need to isolate after you get tested (see attached document for written confirmation
from the Department).
• People of any age can get tested, but testing is encouraged for those over the age of 18. Those under the age of 18 need to be tested if they are a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19, if they have been to an exposure site, or if they are exhibiting symptoms.
• You do not need to be re-tested, if you have been tested since Sunday 15 August 2021. You do however need to re-test if you develop any symptoms.
• The public health advice about closing venues has not changed. You do not need to close your venue unless you have been directed to do so by the Department of Health.
• If you are unable to get tested before Wednesday 18 August 2021 – please do so as soon as possible.
• The Department of Health is working to extend the hours of local testing sites.
• If you are getting tested without symptoms you do not need to pay for a covid test.
If you were at an exposure site that was previously Tier 2 but is now Tier 1 please note the following:
• You do need to isolate for 14 days from the time that you were at the site.
• Those in your household need to isolate with you.
• You will need to get tested again halfway through your exposure period (Day 6-7 is recommended) and on Day 13.
For more information: www.jewishcare.org.au
Elana Bedwell – Marketing & Communications Manager
Tel. (03) 8517 5701 / 0477 011 880
Email. [email protected]