Name of Employer
Individual & Family Services
Title of Role
Tenancy & Property Worker
Head Office (St Kilda Road)
About the company
Jewish Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. Services include Aged Residential Care, Assessment Referral and Individual Support Services, Community Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health, Youth and Family Services and Holocaust Survivors Programs.
We take pride in delivering the highest level of service and being an equal opportunity employer.
Jewish Care employs staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds and provides education in the cultural and spiritual aspects of the Jewish Ethos.
About the Role
The Tenancy and Property Worker plays a vital role in supporting the delivery of efficient management of tenancies as they pertain to Jewish Care Victoria properties and nominated lease rights. This includes actively working towards sustaining tenancies for a diverse range of people, some of whom have complex needs.
Key Responsibilities of the role include
- End to end property management including contractual arrangements, routine inspections, arrears and property portfolio management;
- Ensure that properties are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness, appearance and amenity;
- Ensure the prompt inspection and cleaning of vacated properties and liaise with other staff to ensure vacancies are appropriately re-tenanted;
- Provide tenants with clear information, and opportunities for consultation on issues that affect them and conduct regular resident meetings.
- Ensure tenant selection procedures are implemented as per the housing eligibility and allocation policy;
- Assess applications for housing; including initial assessment of eligibility and housing history;
- Complete lease agreements, condition reports and other documentation related to tenants moving into a property;
- Represent JCV at VCAT tribunals as needed.
Perm part time position (26.4 hrs/pw)
- Qualifications in Social Work, Community Development, Social Sciences or experience in the Housing or Social Real Estate sector;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Residential Tenancies Act;
- Knowledge of VCAT online and Victorian Housing Register Processes;
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice and quality standards with the housing services sector;
- Demonstrated experience in tenancy management of community based housing;
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practice and quality standards with the housing services sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of concerns that effect the Jewish community;
- Knowledge of issues relating to Holocaust Survivors and their families is highly desirable;
- Community language skills (Russian, Polish, Hebrew) is an advantage.
The Benefits we offer you
- Salary package up to $15,900 in living expenses and $2,650 in meals / entertainment benefits each FBT year, which runs from 1 April to 31 March
- A focus on wellbeing initiatives, with regular events and programs
- A healthy work/life balance encouraged
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program for confidential counselling
- Supportive and collaborative work culture
Culture & Development
We are committed to the professional development of all staff and provide ongoing opportunities to upgrade staff skill set and expertise. We aim to provide the highest standard of professional and personal support offering flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere, including the option of maximising your income with salary packaging.
Jewish Care employs staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds and provides education in the cultural and spiritual aspects of the Jewish Ethos. Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of our clients, relevant screening and police checks will be conducted.
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.