Name of Employer
SOP Residential RHW
Title of Role
Hannah & Daryl Cohen Family Building
About Jewish Care
Jewish Care Victoria, is a not-for-profit organisation and is one of the largest providers of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria and has been servicing the community for 170 years. Our staff come from all cultural and religious backgrounds, and we provide cultural and spiritual training in the Jewish Ethos.
About the Role
Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant- Windsor
- Permanent Full-time position
- Close to public transport & free onsite staff parking
- Generous not-for-profit salary packaging
The Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant is responsible for working within Jewish Care’s Hand-in-Hand ™ model of support. This role assists in maintaining a diverse suite of formal and informal group programs both in-house and out in the broader community including those that are social, recreational, cultural, and spiritual. This role assists the Leisure & Lifestyle Coordinator to provide leadership, coaching, and direction to residential teams that drives a holistic approach to the support for our residents.
This permanent full time position based at our Windsor facility requires weekends and some out of hours shifts as reflected by the changing needs of residents.
Permanent Full Time
38 hours per week
- Certificate III in Individual Support or Certificate IV in Leisure and Health.
- Experience working as a Leisure & Lifestyle Assistant in an aged care environment or similar human services/social care field.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent customer service skills - a 'can do', willing and creative attitude.
- A demonstrated understanding of culturally diverse environments.
- Multilingual (desirable) especially Russian, Hebrew, and/or Yiddish.
The benefits of working with Jewish Care
- Generous not- for-profit Salary Packaging to increase your take home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family**
- Free onsite staff car parking at our aged care facilities
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Staff Referral Bonus Program
- We want your opinion and your experience. Be heard in your workplace.
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.