Name of Employer
Financial Services ICT Team
Title of Role
IT Project Manager
Head Office (St Kilda Road)
About the Role
Jewish Care Victoria, a not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. Services include Aged Residential Care, Assessment Referral and Individual Support Services, Community Aged Care, Disability, Mental Health, Youth and Family Services and Holocaust Survivors Programs.
We are now seeking a talented, experienced and enthusiastic Project Manager to join the Information Technology team and play a key role in an exciting transformation program.
Along with an attractive salary this is a 12-month fixed term full time position, located on St Kilda Road and the successful candidate will work within a high performing and successful team of committed professionals.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Planning, leading, organising and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects and programs of work that provide exceptional business value to users.
- Proactively manage scope, issues and risks to deliver projects on time, on budget and ensure project objectives are met.
- Use appropriate project management planning and monitoring tools to track project progress.
- Ensure project change requests are documented, agreed and approved.
- In conjunction with the Head of IT, business stakeholders and the nominated vendors, develop project plans including project schedule, activity sequencing, dependencies, timelines, risk management strategies, resource requirements etc.
- Produce business cases, briefings, project reports and advice to enable effective decision making.
- Project manage all aspects of software deployments and uptake, including preparing plans, reports, change management, policies and procedures and documentation.
- Manage the vendor relationships and monitor vendor milestone achievement.
- Gain manager and employee support and participation in scheduling of training, undertaking organisational change, managing risk and implementing the applications with minimal disruption to the operations of Jewish Care throughout the project.
- Devise and present appropriate governance reports.
Jewish Care is committed to the professional development of all staff, providing ongoing opportunities to upgrade staff skill set and expertise. We aim to provide the highest standard of professional and personal support offering flexibility and conditions not readily available elsewhere, including the option of maximising your income with salary packaging.
Jewish Care employs staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds and provides cultural and spiritual training in the Jewish Ethos. Our recruitment procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of our clients. Relevant screening and police checks will be conducted.
Jewish Care proudly celebrates and warmly welcomes the rich diversity of our community and strives to be inclusive for all, including the LGBT+ community.
Jewish Care acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. Our services and supports are provided on the lands of the Wurundjeri and Boonwurrung people, and we deeply respect and honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connection to land, waters and community.
38 hours per week
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Project Management certifications (e.g. Agile, PMBOK or Prince2)
- Expert knowledge of project management approaches and disciplines.
- Proven experience in delivering IT projects and programs of work on time, within budget, to a high quality standard as a Project Manager.
- Experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with a tailored Agile development approach, to provide right balance of agility and predictability.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, including strong influencing, negotiation and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to build strong partnerships.
- Persuasive and confident written and verbal communication skills with the ability to facilitate discussions with different stakeholders and audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management to successfully deliver projects.
- Demonstrated experience to work effectively with minimal supervision, self-manage and contribute constructively to a small high performing multi-disciplinary team.
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.