Name of Employer
Jewish Care Victoria
Title of Role
Head Office (St Kilda Road)
Jewish Care Victoria, is a not-for-profit organisation and is one of the largest providers of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria and has been servicing the community for 170 years. Our staff come from all cultural and religious backgrounds, and we provide cultural and spiritual training in the Jewish Ethos.
About the Role
The Divisional Manager- Residential Aged Care role is responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective operation of each facility, including; marketing and sales, quality/CI, risk management, human resource management, financial performance, and client satisfaction.
The role needs to ensure that the residential services division responds intelligently to the changing needs of our clients and the opportunities that present through the shifting funding and regulatory environment both at both a State and Federal Government level.
Currently, Jewish Care’s residential aged care services include the separately managed facilities:
- Hannah & Daryl Cohen Building: a 156 bed facility located in Windsor
- Smorgon Nursing Home: a 120-bed facility located in Carnegie
- Gary Smorgon House: a 120-bed facility located in Caulfield
What Jewish Care can offer
When deciding to join our team at Jewish Care, you can expect that we will provide you;
- Attractive remuneration and salary packaging – Increase your take home pay
- Flexible working conditions - Work from home options available
- A welcoming and inclusive work environment - Freedom to be you
- Professional Development opportunities - Grow your skills and your career
- Professional, supportive, and warm team culture - Work safer and happier
- Employee Assistance Program – Access to free counselling sessions
Jewish Care proudly celebrates and warmly welcomes the rich diversity of our community and strives to be inclusive for all, including the LGBTI+ community. Jewish Care acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. Our services and supports are provided on the lands of the Wurundjeri and Boonwurrung people, and we deeply respect and honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connection to land, waters and community.
In this role, you will contribute to;
- high quality support for Elders and their families at each of Jewish Care’s residential aged care facilities embracing Jewish Care’s Hand in Hand model of support
- ramping up the occupancy of the homes and maximizing utilisation of the shared/communal spaces in each of the buildings`
- Positioning Jewish Care as a leader in residential aged care through effective stakeholder management and client-centred, solution focussed practices.
Permanent Full Time
38 hours per week
Essential: Do you have a qualification to support the role you are applying for?
Essential: Do you currently hold a valid police check or are you happy to have Jewish Care Victoria process one on your behalf?
Essential: Have you had two doses of the covid 19 vaccine and a covid 19 booster vaccine? Do you have a recent influenza vaccine?
To ensure your best chance of success, you will require;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, ideally in a health discipline
- Residential Aged Care Management experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple aged care facilities and program expansion
- Demonstrated business acumen of the aged care industry
- Proven success in people, project and client management
- A thorough understanding of the “business” of residential aged care services
- A passion for high quality care and support
- The ability to lead people through coaching
- Highly developed interpersonal skills – ability to capably manage multiple stakeholders
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the current State and Commonwealth funding models
- Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the changing aged care environment and the opportunities and risks
- Strong organisational, planning and analytical skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills and expertise in geographically disperse teams
- Strong operational / commercial acumen
- Business development skills
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.