Name of Employer
SOP Blue Star Support Team
Title of Role
Active Living Centre (Head Office, St Kilda Road)
About the Role
Jewish Care Victoria, not-for-profit organisation, is the largest provider of aged and community services for the Jewish Community in Victoria. We are proudly celebrating over 175 years of service. You will be picking up 2hr shifts and travelling to clients homes in suburbs surrounding St Kilda, Prahran, Elsternwick, Caulfield, Carnegie, Bentleigh, Dingley and Bayside.
- Jewish Care employs staff from all cultural and religious backgrounds and provides cultural and spiritual training in the Jewish Ethos.
- The ability to speak Russian, Polish, Hebrew, Yiddish will be highly regarded.
- Receive a $25 gift pay voucher for attending an in-person interview
- Remain employed at JCV for 12 months to receive $3,000 ($1,000 at 6 mths & $2,000 at 12 mths)
- Russian speakers will receive an additional incentive bonus
- A $500 retention gift card payable ($200 at 1 mths & $300 at 3 mths) via ACCPA*
We are seeking experienced Domestic Assistants/Cleaners to support our elderly clients living independently in their own homes.
Due to an increase in client demand, Jewish Care Victoria needs a strong network of Domestic Assistants who can speak English, Russian, Polish, Hebrew or Yiddish to travel to our client homes using your own car (paid $0.80 cents per kilometre between clients) and we will provide secure employment with access to flexible shifts from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- General household duties such as making the bed, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning the bathroom and kitchen
- Loading the washing machine, hanging clothes or ironing
- Assisting with meal preparation
- Supporting clients to maintain independent living skills
- Monitor the physical, social and emotional well-being of the client and report issues
- Develop an effective, positive and respectful working relationship with clients respecting cultural values and beliefs
Benefits to you and your family
- Competitive rates + 25% casual loading + 0.80c/km travel between clients
- 15% pay increase has been added to hourly wage rates from 10 July 2023
- Secure employment on a 14 day roster so you can plan ahead
- Maxxia Not For Profit Salary packaging up to $15,900 tax free
- Employee Assistance Program to support you and your family
Flexible shifts from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday
- Do you have full working rights within Australia? (If no, please indicate your working restriction)
- Experience in In Home Cleaning ideally in an aged care setting
- Victorian drivers licence & reliable vehicle (preferred but not essential)
- Available to work min 22 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Covid-19 Vaccinations (2 doses) or medical exemption
- First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Technology experience using Smartphone to pick up shifts and roster
- Ability to speak Russian, Polish, Hebrew, Yiddish will be highly regarded
Development and Culture
We are committed to the professional development of all staff, and provide ongoing opportunities to upgrade staff skill set and expertise.
Jewish Care proudly celebrates and warmly welcomes the rich diversity of our community and strives to be inclusive for all, including the LGBTI+ community.
Jewish Care acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we live and work. Our services and supports are provided on the lands of the Wurundjeri and Boonwurrung people, and we deeply respect and honour their ongoing cultural and spiritual connection to land, waters and community.
If you need assistance applying for a role, please contact the Jewish Care Employment Centre at 8517 5999 and ask to speak to a consultant.