A customer-centred approach
People are at the centre of everything we do. Jewish Care supports our clients to make positive choices about the life the wish to lead. We provide a vast array of programs and services for all ages and sectors of the Jewish community, with a distinct focus on education, skills development and active support to build confidence, capacity, resilience and self-sufficiency.
We are leading the way in implementation of the Active Service Model, to support our clients to take the lead in managing their health and maintaining independence as they age.
In alignment with recent government policy directions, we intend to implement an individualised case management approach along Consumer Directed Care principles. This approach enables clients to create their own tailored plans to suit their individual needs and situation. By orienting services around the needs of the individual, our clients can more easily identify and access the services they require.
Click on the "Download brochure" button at the right of this page, to download our Service Charter for further information.
Customer service principles
- Choice: We empower you to access the right support for you.
- Accessibility: Our services are affordable to all and are conveniently located close to the majority of the Victorian Jewish community.
- Partnership: We work in partnership with you, your family, friends, doctors, shules and all the various individuals and organisations that influence your quality of life. We actively build partnerships with other professionals and service providers to extend the network of support available to you and your family.
- Independence: We embrace and advocate the principles of active support in all our services, fostering independence, empowerment and healthy living, through all life stages.
- Evidence-based: We ensure that service delivery and development is guided by robust research and innovation.
- Advocacy: We advocate with and on behalf of our clients, actively informing government of the issues facing our community, influencing social policy and effecting social change.
- Diversity: We recognise the diversity of the Victorian Jewish community and deliver services that are respectful, responsive and inclusive of all.
Reflections is a 4 minute video that takes you on an engaging pictorial journey of the 12 months between July 2010 - June 2011.