Let the happiness of your special day brighten the lives of thousands in need in our community!
What is Simcha Giving?
Simcha giving is when you use the opportunity of a celebration, such as a birthday or other special occasion to request a donation to Jewish Care in lieu of gifts.
So many of us receive gifts that we will never use – another box of chocolates or bubble bath and soaps.
Why not give a gift that can make a real difference to someone’s life?
How you will make a difference
There are thousands of people in our community who need support. Your donations, big or small can help:
- Parents of children living with disability to recharge by providing quality respite care
- Someone in crisis, including victims of domestic abuse, through counselling
- Families at risk of homelessness with a safe, affordable and secure housing
- Out of work individuals facing financial insecurity to find paid, secure employment
- A family living below the poverty line to receive financial aid and longer term financial counselling.
These are just a few examples of many of our services.
How does simcha giving work?
You will receive special acknowledgement of your support and everyone who makes a gift on the occasion of your simcha will receive a special thank you and tax deductible receipt.
To find out more:
Spread the word
If you know of anyone else that is celebrating a special birthday or any other milestone such as an anniversary, wedding or bar/batmitvah, please help us spread the word and tell them about Jewish Care’s Simcha Giving program.