About the Program
Jewish Care understands that caring for a loved one with a disability is a rewarding experience yet it is often demanding. We understand that families and carers require additional support. The Carer Support Program provides primary carers with advocacy, information and referral, and assistance in a professional, friendly, Jewish environment.
What do we offer?
- Access and referral to appropriate services in the community, including respite services
- Guidance to navigate welfare and disability service systems
- A place where you can confidentially talk about issues that affect your life
- Assistance to find ways to increase your own wellbeing
- Strategies to plan for your future and the future of the person you are looking after
- Information about recreational activities for you and your family
We understand that the role of a carer is very rewarding. At the same time, it can be quite demanding and stressful, and may even affect your own health and wellbeing.
Jewish Care's counselling service offers carers and their families support in times of difficulty and crisis, and on an ongoing basis.