Jewish Care provides an Outreach Support Program to enable people living with disability at home to become more independent and involved in their community. Support may be short-term, long-term, or as needed.
We will help you to:
- Access community recreation, leisure and cultural activities
- Learn how to access banks, shops and public transport and local facilities
- Access health care services such as dentists, home nursing and therapies
- Develop household management skills including cooking, laundry and budgeting
- Understand what resources are available such as mobility equipment
- Get around using mobility equipment
- Deal with emotional responses and difficulties
- Source employment opportunities
Futures for Young Adults
Futures for Young Adults is an initiative funded by the Department of Human Services (DHS) to support young people with a disability aged 18 to 21 years in their transition from school to a range of post-school options.
A sporting chance
Maccabi Victoria, in conjuction with Jewish Care, facilitates an accessible All Abilities program, offering options for people with disabilities to participate in sporting and recreational activities.