A place to feel secure
Jewish Care assists individuals, families, women with children and the elderly experiencing housing difficulties to find safe and affordable accommodation, where they can feel comfortable, supported and connected to the Melbourne Jewish community.
We help people navigate through the complex and sometimes overwhelming process of applying for accommodation.
So too, we provide intensive support and service coordination to assist in maintaining tenancy for clients with complex needs.
What we offer
- Short-term transitional housing for up to six months while supporting you to plan for more permanent options.
- Timely information, support and advocacy to access suitable housing with our partner housing agencies, arranging live-in and shared housing options.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Jewish religion and culture, languages, backgrounds and special needs (including Holocaust trauma)
- Liaison with government departments and housing organisations to support an application for public or community housing (Subject to eligibility)
- Specialist housing for eligible people with a physical and/or intellectual disability seeking to live in a supportive environment within their community
Who is eligible?
- Low-income Individuals and families needing assistance to secure cost-effective housing
- People affected by an illness or disability seeking independent living options
- Individuals and families in crisis
How we help
- Information and advice on public housing options and application process
- Document lodging and support
- Short-term accommodation for adults/families/seniors while awaiting permanent accommodation
- Assistance and support to source and secure a rental dwelling
- Collaboration with city council properties and other not-for-profit organisations to provide information and advice regarding community housing
- Sharing expenses and accommodation with another adult or family in a home or rental property