Why wait when we can help today?
Empower has helped thousands of families get to where they want to be faster. Making life just that little bit easier with interest free loans for necessities such as a reliable care, essential appliances, dental work and further education. Whatever your needs, your application will be treated with understanding and total confidentiality.
We offer a range of interest free loans to the members of the Victorian Jewish community. Our aim is to enable people of all ages to realise their own economic wellbeing and to feel in control of their finances.
Empower loans are a flexible way to invest in your own future by providing a financial kickstart when you need it most.
Options to Empower your life
- Small Business Loan: Up to $25,000
- Home Purchase Loan: Up to $25,000
- Debt Consolidation Loan: Up to $25,000
- Home Renovation Loan: Up to $15,000
- Vocational Training Loan: Up to $10,000
- Car Loan: Up to $10,000
- Healthcare Loan: Up to $10,000
- Jewish Identity Loan (Special Event): Up to $10,000
- Jewish Identity Loan (Travel): Up to $10,000
- Religious Items-Preparing for 'Chagim & Shabbat': Up to $3,000
- Household Items Loan: Up to $3,000
- Sensitively process your loan application
- Responsibly act to secure communal funds
- Require evidence of capacity and intent to repay your loan
- Establish an agreed loan repayment schedule and negotiate adjustments should your circumstances change
- Enquire by contacting Jewish Care's Front Door on (03) 8517 5999 or
- A Jewish Care Relationship Officer will get in touch with you to arrange your first appointment and to send you the required documentation.
- After your initial meeting your information will be assessed and provided we have all the required documentation and your application meets the initial criteria, the loan will be presented to Empower Loans Committee, which is held monthly.
- If the loan is approved, you will be notified following the meeting, and an appointment will be arranged to sign the loan documentation and settle the loan.
- If the loan is declined, you will also be notified.
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or over
- Applicant must be a Victorian resident
- Applicant must be able to repay the debt facility over the contracted term
- Maximum Loan Term is 3 years
- Maximum Loan available $25,000
- Applicants can apply individually or in joint names, however, we cannot accept applications in the name of organisations
- Loan applications need to be secured by one to three guarantors before they can be approved.
- The size of the loan will determine the number of guarantors required.
- If an applicant has requested a loan and they have greater than 35% equity in their property assets, they may be advised they are not eligible for a loan because they have ready access to low interest finance.
Loan repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
Loans are provided through Jewish Care's Jewish Mutual Loan Company which has been providing interest free loans to the Jewish community for more than 100 years. While there is no interest charged, there is an expectation the loan will be repaid according to the established repayment schedule.