Why work at Jewish Care
There are many good things about being part of the Jewish Care team of approximately 630 staff and 500 volunteers. From a supportive environment, great colleagues, a warm and caring atmosphere to the satisfaction in knowing that we are improving the quality of life for so many people in our community.
Jewish Care is a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The organisation is the largest provider of community services in Melbourne, Victoria.
- be surrounded by talented and experienced people who want to support and empower you to achieve your goals.
- work collaboratively with people across many areas of the organisation.
Your personal development
We believe that great people deliver great outcomes, which is why we invest in our staff. Some of the ways in which we do this are:
- ensuring all staff have a performance development plan with clear and achievable objectives;
- all employees have their individual development plan reviewed annually;
- providing career progression opportunities for employees and enabling ongoing professional development;
- awarding Staff Scholarships annually to enable staff to build on their academic qualifications.
Jewish Care has a robust succession planning process and we believe in "growing our own". Our Performance and Recognition policy supports the provision of ongoing training and skill development to enable you to perform at your best.
For example, in-house delivery of Diploma of Management for middle managers in 2014, and Certificate IV in Front Line Management for team leaders and coordinators in 2013.
Employee and Volunteer recognition awards
Jewish Care's Staff and Volunteers Award program recognises individual employees, teams and volunteers whose performance and achievements demonstrate their commitment to Jewish Care's Values and who go above and beyond expectations.
The awards are aligned to the Jewish Care Values of Kindness, Family, Respect and Charity. In addition, each year two individual members of staff are awarded the opportunity to participate in a mission to Israel to deepen their appreciation of Jewish culture, traditions and rich history. Employees and volunteers also receive service recognition at five year increments.
We understand that there are many elements contributing to our staff's sense of work satisfaction. We are committed to providing support programs that may assist both at work and at home.
- Employee Assistance Program – A professional, free and confidential counselling service available to all employees and their immediate families. Read more.
- Keeping in touch – A program for all employees who will be away from work for an extended period on parental leave.
For more information, please view the Vacancies at Jewish Care page for all current available jobs, contact (03) 8517 5627 or